Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Plate Colllage!

I did it!

I've been collecting plates for a little while now. I LOVE dishes. There is a "Blue Willow" grill plate given to me by my mother (who loves Blue Willow and all things blue and white). It is called the "special plate" in our family. Grammy has given each grandchild one. If there's a birthday or special accomplishment done by someone, that person gets to use the "special plate" for dinner. Growing up we had this tradition and it is memorable. I remember getting to use the special plate for Sunday dinner when I gave a talk in church. Here in Hangzhou, with only a handful of children in primary each Sunday, my children give talks all the time! We need to start using the special plate more! The other plates have been collected from Anthropologie in the U.S.A. (6),  the "Shanghai Flower Market" in HongQiao (5) and the ceramics market here in Hangzhou (5). I'm so pleased with my plate collage! I even had one of my awesome friends, Lizzy the lovely Saylor, come over and help me hang them on the wall. It's kind of a big commitment!

I used a few plate hangers that I got over the summer from Michaels for the heavy ones. And I used E6000 epoxy glue and glued safety pins on the back of the others. Worked fabulously.

No comments:

Post a Comment