Thursday, August 21, 2014

RAGNAR Wasatch Back, Utah--2014

My car-2 team! Jaime and Joe Nielson, Joe Huish, me, Jeff Nielson (Joe's dad) and John Sudar. All STUDS!!! Pleasant Grove, Utah. 

RAGNAR is a relay race that covers 194.6 miles on the Wasatch Back from Logan to Park City, Utah. Each team has 12 people/2 cars. Of course it was gorgeous. Utah's landscape is amazing. Jaime and I met through my friend who lives in Shanghai who also happens to be her sister! She mentioned they needed a couple more people on her team and I couldn't resist volunteering! I had only heard of this race before but it sounded challenging. I love having something to train for. Thanks for letting me join the "J Team"!

I was given an honorary name, "Jarah" as I was feeling a bit left out. Their names all start with "J"!


Team pic after completing leg one.

Thanks to Joe Huish we had this sweet ride. 

These dudes are hard core. John's an animal and could probably run forever, Joe H. had a broken patella from a dirt biking happening--and still ran; Jeff is hard core too because he's 57 years old and super fit; and Joe N. was suffering from three injuries including a badly sprained ankle from basket ball--and he still ran!  

EVOLUTION OF THE RAGNAR RUNNER. Designed and made by Mrs. Huish! 

The wait for car one to finish their leg before our night run under the stars. 

I was runner #10. Last leg. The RAGNAR leg. Four miles of vertical. 

I'm so glad Jeff made me stop for a picture! 

Had a blast and loved doing it with my new friends! Thanks "J-Team"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment