Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Sweat P's on Wheels!


All four sweet P's on wheels!

We went rollerblading today! Time on task right? They were rollering well. Dash was giving a thumbs up after he fell and shouting, "I'm okay!" This is new. I was trying to teach him that falling means you are getting better and that it's okay to fall. Way to go, Dash! He also rode down the ramp by himself. And Brock learned how to turn today. He was excited about that. Chael wanted to take his off not long after we started. He's a gamer but he doesn't always last long. I talked him out of it and he ended up really enjoying it. (I also didn't bring any shoes for him so there was nothing else for him to wear! And it's cold now.) It felt like it took a year before everyone had all their gear and blades on! We then got in the car and drove to Subway were there's a great area for skating. And then ate there for lunch. :) Brian's in Shanghai today for a training meeting. 

Last night Sophie and Max joined us for movie night. We popped popcorn (homemade of course!) and made smoothies. (That's often dinner for us on Friday nights.) And we watched.... Guardians of the Galaxy! IT WAS AWESOME! The kids LOVED it. I think it's PG-13, however. So we may have been pushing it with the littles but it really was a great family movie. They also put the workout mats on the floor and had some wrestling matches going on with each other before hand. Inspired by Sophie, the sweetest thing ever! She has a big brother and inspired the quick tournament. It was funny. 

Five YSA's are spending the night tonight. Three girls and two boys. Brian should be home after 8pm!


Our life is legos. They are always playing with legos and "free building." They build and build and build. Chael destroys. They love Lego guys. I find knock-off ones for less than a dollar here and never has my money gone farther. We like the real ones too. Last year for Christmas I had Brian (have a factory) make lego-board trays. They have been very well used! I love their creations.


No tears when dropped off at school now!

Big news. I believe it took two months. My sweet Dash would whimper everyday when I dropped him off at school. Before that he would cry a little bit while walking there and then cry a lot more when we got there. It was so sad and so hard. I just hoped I was doing the right thing. On occasion they were both crying! No fun. It was hard some mornings. So as of just a couple of weeks ago there has been no crying at all when going to school! I have two happy boys happily going to school now! I'm so glad. They seem to be learning Mandarin at a slow rate and happy. They have time to play at home until I take them around 9am. 


Going to church on race day.

The Hangzhou Marathon was on Sunday, Nov. 2nd and the course went down JiangNan Da Dao and across the no. 1 bridge-- which is right by our house. All the roads near our church house were closed or unaccessible by car that morning. We crossed just in time! Unfortunately the Poons weren't so lucky.

Brock dresses himself for church. I think he does alright. :)

Lachy giving Chael a ride home from church!

No comments:

Post a Comment