Thursday, May 29, 2014

Racing and Playing


The Hangzhou Branch representing! Carston Fieglesen, Steven Sheffield, (Annie Sheffield not shown), Brian, Brock, Sarah and Callie Phillips, and Kristy Williams.

We ran the Hangzhou Dragon 5K run Saturday, May 17th! It was really cool to do it as a family. It's a race put on by H.I.S and it's my favorite event/activity that the school does. We were a little rained out this year but it didn't stop the children from enjoying the slip n slide. Brian, Callie, Brock and I all ran the 5K. I'm really proud of them! I tried to talk Brock out of it but he was adamant about running the 5K and not the 1K. Callie did it last year so I knew she could hang. They finished strong and did such a great job. Callie finished before Brian and Brock by just a few seconds around 33 minutes! Brock decided to steer to the side lines about 15 feet away from the finish line. I was cheering him on and Brian had to turn around and get him and then he ran through the finish line. I have no idea what he was thinking. He's a little shy of all the fan fare? So funny! 

My hard core runner gals! Natalie (5th female) and Kristy (2nd female) keepin it real. 

Brock's new drinking cup. They think trophies are so cool. Carston and I placed first. But neither of us were impressed with our times. It definitely wasn't a PR for me. It was a great community and family day. 

Saturday night we went next door to a Baby Shower for Matthew and Elizabeth put on by the Williams. Ice Cream Sundaes and good times with great people all from our branch. A few aren't in the picture.

Teacher Appreciation Day! "Thank you for helping us grow!" These were $10 each and I would do this gift again. I think they turned out lovely.  

Happy Birthday Ms. Katie! Brock's teacher is really lovely and we made her a special Cookies N Cream Cake and delivered birthday presents from the class. 

Wow for presentation right? Crunched up Oreos in the cake batter with a cream cheese frosting and crumbled Oreos on top. Paper banner tied to skewer sticks. I made mini cupcakes for the kids and she was able to take this one home. So special!

Dash with his teachers on a special activity morning where parents attend. Liu Laoshi and Gao Laoshi. Two more weeks of school Dash! He says he would rather stay home but he's learning Mandarin and we hope happy enough. We get good reports from his teachers and he's happy when I pick him up. You can do it, Dash!

Friday field trip day! The Aquarium with friends, Thomas, Charlie and Joy.


West Lake on crystal clear day!

Chinese door love.

My first very own garden! Thanks to Karl I had some beautiful starter tomato plants and one basil plant to repot and grow. I bought the compost and Brian, my farm boy, helped me repot. So exciting! I've been wanting to do this for ages. I know it sounds silly but this is really a big deal for me.

My super cute skater girl! Callie skate boards after school on Wednesdays and was voted captain this year. She's really good at helping others learn and her peers help her out too by keeping the rules. 

6am. Nine Creeks trail. My peeps doing their early morning stretching. 

This is an incredibly clear view for us. We had three days of amazing air quality and visibility! I was amazed by it. It's not our norm. Gorgeous! This is on my run home from a fun 15-miler through Nine Creeks. Saturday, May 23rd.  

Tiger Springs in bloom. Wednesday stairs run. 

Color- Yes please. Jaguar- Yes please. Found this beauty in our complex. 


No comments:

Post a Comment